Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkinland

Here we are for our annual trip to Pumpkinland. If I get my way, you'll be seeing a post just like this for many, many years to come. My kids may be 25, 22, and 18, but we'll all be here. A prediction, if you like.



Enjoying the path to the maze. Discussing how long it will take us to master it this year.



Making sure we understand the challenge. If there's candy involved, you can bet we'll figure it out. (We did; the secret word was "pumpkin".)



A good place to point out that I have awfully cute kids.



Last year we were lost in here for an hour, I swear. (The great thing about the maze at Pumpkinland is that it's actually small enough to find your own way out without maps, or, as ALL people do in the big mazes, cutting your own path through the cornstalks.)
I know I just said it was small, but last year Maddie and Mom wanted to give up and go out the entrance because they were afraid we were going to have to spend the night. But Nicholas and I demanded that we stay the course and eventually we found our way out, weary, bedraggled and hungry.
Not so this year though. Without any trouble, we found the witch's room and then the exit. It may have just been easy this year might be one explanation, but I prefer to believe that we, in our yearly expeditions to Pumpkinland, have become experts on maze navigating, and that if we polled others who had been in the maze, they all were lost for hours and gave up. I'm just sayin'.









Just clowning around. (I've been waiting my whole life for a good reason to say that.)



Emily had to bounce on the toys meant for bigger kids. It was a lot of work for Maddie and Nicholas to get her to the top of this one. And they did it over and over because Emily loved the attention.



Grandma bought everyone pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn and even foam stickers for decorating. We love her!

10 comments:

Mike, Julie and Braden said...

Fun! Don't you think a corn maze at college would have been fun?? Of couse it might put the ice block makers out of business.

Siri said...

I cannot deny ... you do have awfully cute kids!! (Even for U of U fans.) I will remind you though that I was on the U of U drill team in college ... but married my Darren and somehow got sucked in to becoming a BYU fan. It's too late for me. But save yourselves!!

Jordan said...

When I hear the three letters B, Y, and U said together in that order, my heart rejoices. I am pleased to discover that Tiffany has a BYU influence from some other source than her immediate family.

To Sirisauce: Do not be ashamed of your conversion to BYU fandom. Based upon the way Tiffany treats BYU fans, I understand that you may fear losing her friendship if you talk TOO positively about the BYU. However, you need not worry. You may not know this, but Tiffany spent much of her childhood and youth as an avid BYU fan. (I know, this seems shocking when you consider her current state.) Over the years, through personal observation, I have seen glimpses of her former affection. She is still True Blue deep down inside, and I am confident that through your efforts and mine, along with the diligent efforts of other BYU fans she comes into contact with, she will soon return to the fold, and that you and I will live to see that day.

To Tiffany: Know that the invitation is still and always open. We stand prepared to receive you back and call you one of our own whenever you are ready. Rise and shout, the Cougars are out. Ra Ra, Ra Ra Ra! Goooooooooo, COUGARS!

Siri said...

To Jordan: You are sooooo gonna get me in trouble. You do realize what is at stake here? And I did not know all that about Tiffany. Thanks for filling me in. But seriously, you are WAY funny ... so I forgive you!

To Tiffany: Are we still friends? And here is my dilema ... just a few weeks ago I went to a U of U Crimson Line (drill team) Alumni dinner at a hotel in Salt Lake. While looking out at the sea of red and singing the U of U fight song ... all I could think about was how I was betraying my "BYU Boy" ... awful. And last week, my Darren announced that even though it has been him and his brothers with the season tickets to BYU games for years ... he is getting one for me next year! Where did I lose myself? I swear I need therapy. Or at least an intervention ... the problem is ... I'm not sure from which side!! Call me. ;)

Siri said...

To Jordan: You are sooooo gonna get me in trouble. You do realize what is at stake here? And I did not know all that about Tiffany. Thanks for filling me in. But seriously, you are WAY funny ... so I forgive you!

To Tiffany: Are we still friends? And here is my dilema ... just a few weeks ago I went to a U of U Crimson Line (drill team) Alumni dinner at a hotel in Salt Lake. While looking out at the sea of red and singing the U of U fight song ... all I could think about was how I was betraying my "BYU Boy" ... awful. And last week, my Darren announced that even though it has been him and his brothers with the season tickets to BYU games for years ... he is getting one for me next year! Where did I lose myself? I swear I need therapy. Or at least an intervention ... the problem is ... I'm not sure from which side!! Call me. ;)

Siri said...

sorry. didn't mean to post twice.

Tiffany said...

I leave my blog for ONE day, and look what happens.
Due to the fact that seeing the letters B, Y and U together in that order causes my stomach to feel queasy, I do not think I will be accepting any invitations to return to the "fold" any time soon.
I will now go back to singing the song in my head, "We're undefeated, we're undefeated, la, la, we're undefeated." It's a catchy tune.

Siri said...

Oh come on Tiffany ... try to think of the children! You are so going to foil my plans for Nicholas and Aliya. Or maybe it just will never work. (tear) Considering our two families loyalties ... we don't need another Romeo and Juliet story on our hands. (For all you protective relatives of Tiffany (and Nicholas) who don't know me from Adam ... it's just a joke ... no worries ... my Aliya is eight.) =)

Cynthia said...

THIS IS CYNTHIA- OWNER OF STUDIO ENIZIO. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT ON YOUR HEART OUT. WE WERE SO IMPRESSED WITH THE RESPONSE THAT WE ARE HUNTING DOWN ALL THE LADIES AND OFFERING A COMPLIMENTARY TREATMENT WHEN YOU BOOK A SERVICE. IF YOUR INTERESTED IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS PROMOTION, CALL AND BOOK AN APPOINTMENT BEFORE NOVEMBER 20, 2008. JUST MENTION THAT YOU ARE A YHO READER AT THE TIME OF BOOKING TO REDEEM YOUR GIFT. THANKS FOR YOUR COMENT AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT STUDIO ENIZIO!
801.341.5041 I WWW.ENIZIO.COM

Natasha said...

You have been tagged. You must post the fourth picture in the fourth picture folder on your computer.