Friday, September 21, 2007

A Little More About Dance...

I happily sat down to do a post and there, sitting next to my computer, was my beloved old copy of Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster (written in 1912) with its cover ripped off! Who did such a thing and then put it where they knew I'd see it? If I didn't have a sneaking suspicion that it was Emily, who will never answer for it, I'd wait until dinner tonight and then whip out the book demanding to know who committed the crime. Oh, the lack of justice.
Oh well.

Every time we take Maddie to dance class, Emily has to look at these two statues. She's especially intrigued by the bronze book--she always looks to see if there's anything in it, and also tries to close it for the girl. I wonder how it looks through her eyes...



A bit of Maddie's dance. (Maddie is in blue, and if you watch carefully at the beginning you can see Maddie's teacher dance through. The teacher dances beautifully, and I'm sad she'll only be there until December when she will be getting married and moving.)