Monday, March 31, 2008

It's a Little Late...

but here is the one picture I took of the Saturday Easter Egg Hunt before the craziness started. I am not sure why I love crowded egg hunts so much, but I do. So do the kids. I used to wish that they had egg hunts for adults, until I went to the first and last annual ladies' Easter egg hunt at Gardner Village several years ago. We witnessed old women being knocked to the ground by middle age and younger women in pursuit of plastic eggs, and, if you think the eggs go fast at the kid hunts, the eggs at the Gardner Village hunt disappeared in seconds. It was crazy and pretty mean. Gardner Village didn't do it again, and I'm glad about that. So I just have to be content to watch the kids.

Speaking of Gardner Village, right before Easter we met some friends there that we hadn't seen for several months.


Nicholas wondering why he's the only boy over the age of three.

Maddie sharing her wide array of knowledge with Kelsy.

Emily with a darling flower in her hair (yes, I MADE that; I don't get to say that very often).

Above is the rubber duck they pulled out of the super-clean river that meanders through the village. (Ha, ha, it's not clean at all, that thing was covered in sludge.)

Why do they keep leaving me?

Finally, this is a video of the egg hunt (the Easter Bunny hid the eggs) at our house Sunday. It went fast.

No comments: