Monday, March 3, 2008

Natasha's Baby Shower

My mom had a baby shower for Natasha on Saturday. Our family and Natasha's friends came. It was very fun--especially the baby shower games. I wonder which brilliant people came up with those? (Just kidding--they were painful baby shower games. They seemed suspiciously like homework. That's what you get from two teachers.)

Emily was very interested the 'opening presents' part of the shower.

Some of the guests: Dancy, Sue, Anjou, Leona, June

Maddie was a good helper. (She had been very intrigued beforehand at what a "baby shower" was. She was sure water was involved. It wasn't. Though maybe if I had come up with better games...)


Emily inspected every single present. Carefully. Immediately. Before Natasha even had a chance to look at it.

There was a blizzard Saturday afternoon in Syracuse, so we spent the night at my parents. Here we are in our borrowed pajamas. I appreciate Jordan and Natasha for staying quite late in order to watch "Miss Potter" with me. I didn't guilt them into it or anything. Of course not.
Less than three weeks until their baby is here!


My youngest daughter was somewhat of a nuisance during the shower.

1 comment:

Connie Robinson said...

Wow her pregnancy seemed to go by so much faster than mine. How fun for your family to have a new baby in it.
The baby blessing went great. I was really crazy and decided to use two new recipes I had never tried. I made a Spinach Tortalini and a cheesy vegetable soup. Everyone wants to recipes. I was thrilled with the success. Scary though.
We also invited a non-member friends and I felt like things went well, it was a good missionary experience. I already can't wait for Kelsy's baptism so we have more chances to talk to him about the church.
I can't believe its been that long since we saw you. Emily is amazingly big. She is beautiful, and seems like such a fun little girl. Lets set a date before we don't follow through.
My schedule is open.