Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!!

This may be my favorite holiday. There's not much preparation and there's something to do all day long--and you can do it outside!

Last weekend was Syracuse Heritage Days. Emily lost her little pink squishy thing (seen here in Nicholas' hands) in the dark at the fireworks. We drove by the next morning before church, and there it was lying on the sidewalk.
Getting to the point of this post, I usually encourage my kids to speak positively about people and events, but for once I could not. This is what they had to say about the fireworks at Jensen Nature Park:

Nicholas: They're too far away.
Maddie: Where's the music? They need music.
Nicholas: At the Stadium of Fire the fireworks are right over your head!
Maddie: They're not very loud.
Nicholas: I bet kids who have never been to the Stadium of Fire think this is pretty cool.
Maddie: I can't wait to go to the Stadium of Fire.

I can't wait either!!!

No comments: