Friday, January 23, 2009

Once Upon A Time...

Does anyone else feel like the month of January was meant for READING? Everything about this time of year encourages a person to stay under a blanket with a book in front of their face ALL DAY, I believe. Let me tell you about some of the things I've been reading. (Any resemblance to people living is purely coincidental.)

Once upon a time...



There was a girl who loved to ride horses made out of old barrels.



And a boy who loved to teach his little sister how to lasso.



Only, she lassoed all the wrong things.



So they gave that up and went in search of...



still searching...



Searching for the dangerous, brown, lump-like animal known as the Lollobuff and which has only ever been seen from great distances. They were going to attempt to get close to one, pet it on the nose, and then bring it home via the van to study and catalog its elusive but intriguing mannerisms. However, these brown lumps were merely buffalo.



So they continued to search.



And were surprised to find that they were not the first to pass this way...

10 comments:

Natasha said...

Hooray for the new post! I feel like I have been reunited with my long-lost family.

As a side note, I googled "lollobuff" so I could see what one looked like...are you really searching for the "Stardoll" of an 11-year-old Swedish girl? And if the answer is yes, then I think you are looking in all the wrong places.

Jordan said...

The previous post was me, Jordan. I didn't realize that I was submitting under one of Natasha's accounts. Whoops.

Jordan said...

Although, I do receive several blessings, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to whine, or say "Wo is me, I am sooo picked on..." I'm just sayin'...it wasn't me.

Jordan said...

Well, it was me, but you couldn't tell it was me because it wasn't my name.

Jordan said...

Does anyone else think that it slightly disrupts your groove when every time you post a comment you have to type in those "word verification" thingies?

But don't worry, I am committed.

Jordan said...

See, still commenting. THAT is commitment.

Jordan said...

I wonder if any of the "word verification" words are actual words. Like, "subactio." If it is a real word, my guess is that you would use it in a sentence thusly, "After dinner, the young woman decided it was high time she subactioed her iPod." That's a proper usage of the word, isn't it?

Tiffany said...

I, too, just googled something: INTERVENTION, and I see that recovery is possible for you, Jordan, if only you would accept our help.

Natasha said...

What a wonderful story! This post was worth waiting for. I'm of course talking about the actual post and not Jordan's lengthy comments...however, those were quite amusing as well.

Jordan said...

TIFFANY?!?!?!?! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!?!?! Natasha, James, and I are EXTREMELY concerned about the Walker family's well-being. Granted, I understand that once football season and the ability to harass BYU fans ends for the year, Utah fans have little reason to communicate with the outside world. However, not posting for 5 WEEKS? That is a bit excessive. Show us you are alive, please.