Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Did You Notice the Hat?

If you are looking at this picture of Maddie and thinking, "Wow, that's an amazing hat she has on. It looks so cute and cozy and well-made. I wonder where she got it?"
Then wonder no longer, because I MADE it! This is especially cool because a week-and-a-half ago I did not know how to knit. Taught myself. Yes, you are in the presence of genius. But you already knew that.
Next I am going to knit Nicholas a hat that is knitted from the top down on circular needles and has two ear flaps. Sound complicated? I think so. I have been studying (staring at) the pattern for days now, and think I understand most of it, but I do not see where the second ear flap comes in. This is not so bad, though, is it? It's better to have one warm ear than none, right? Tomorrow I start.