Friday, November 30, 2007

Easy Freezer Meals

It's almost the busy month of December so I am posting links to three great freezer meals today; I like them because you don't just make a mess and then put the food in the freezer, the recipe makes one for dinner that night and then one to put in the freezer for later. I have tried them all and LOVE pulling one out of the freezer and putting it in the oven for dinner on a busy night.
The following recipes are all from Martha Stewart. You know, I used to look at her recipes all the time, and then for some reason forgot about it, but when I was looking for a good pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe a couple of months ago, I came across her website again and was surprised at all the good and easy recipes she has now. (I think that was the problem before, her recipes were great if you were in the mood to cook, but could be time-consuming.)

Chicken Tetrazzini

(This one has mushrooms and peas, two things my children do not like, but for some reason they love this. I make it after a trip to Sam's Club, when it's easy to pick up the rotisserie chicken. Buy the package of sliced mushrooms at Sam's too, you can put all of it in.)

Vegetable Lasagna

I think this is Darren's favorite out of the three. (When it says tomato sauce, it really means spaghetti sauce. Also, you can buy the ricotta and the fontina cheese at Sam's Club--they're cheaper there. You might as well buy the spinach there too, I used all of that big bag in this.)

Shepherd's Pie

Everyone has a recipe for Shepherd's Pie, but did you ever think to freeze one? (This recipe tastes great, except I substitute chicken broth for the water, and sometimes corn for the peas, to make Maddie happy. Nicholas suggested using corn and peas....hmmm....daring.)