Friday, May 2, 2008

Class of 2008

Here we begin the pictures from last Friday, one week ago, when Jordan became an official BYU graduate. No longer a BYU student. Rats.

This photo is to tell everyone that we were at Spring Commencement Exercises. Don't forget, or the following photos will not make much sense.

This was an excellent picture of Jordan that I took. He's up there somewhere. I think that's him shaking hands with the guy with the stripes on his sleeve. There's more than one? Ummm, how about the one in the middle?

This really was an excellent picture. Jordan had to step out of line for me to take it, because "family and friends" were not following the stated instructions to snap their picture quickly and remove themselves from the photo taking area. I hope Jordan had not been sitting by a long lost friend, because he lost his seat. But good picture, huh?

It's over.

The graduate and his family.

There are many of these pictures, the "making sure James is okay and well" pictures.


Mom took the kids to the Bean Museum. Emily has a sea horse in that bag. James had a sea horse that day. Interesting.

A classic Jordan look.

Another classic Jordan look.

Let's talk about me for a second. I think I look a little hunched. I ought to work on my posture.


Nicholas picked out a safari hat at the Bean Museum.

Jordan wanted it.

Cute family once again.




Maddie and Nicholas were tired of pictures and went on safari.

Goodbye.

Oh, wait. There's more. Here is us at Magelby's. Mom's exact words were, "Dad's not here, I'll splurge." (Take that as you will, Dad. I didn't say it.) (Just kidding.) (Don't be mad, because I'm really hoping for Los Hermanos soon.) (It was just a joke!)
About the actual picture...I made the mistake of thinking I could fool Emily by telling her that the fettuccine alfredo was mac n' cheese. She was not fooled and was actually quite mad. So this is her eating her fettuccine alfredo and my salmon.

Congratulations, Jordan!
Since the Internet is a great place to share personal things, Nicholas said (during lunch), "Don't tell Dad, but BYU is a nice school." Uh oh.
Here's the second confession: I'm glad Jordan is no longer actually attending BYU, hopefully the subject of BYU will not come up much in the future, because when Dad was trying to get Stadium of Fire tickets, and it was looking like he would not get them, I made a personal promise that if, oh if, Dad could get tickets, Please, that I would not ever, ever make fun of BYU again. (I know this is shocking, and it's not even that I wanted to see Miley Cyrus at all, it's that one of my life goals is to be the Stadium of Fire Super Fan when I'm 95, and though the committee that chooses such things--okay, it doesn't exist yet--might overlook the ONE time I've missed--yes, ONE time since the beginning of Stadium of Fire existence--and that because Darren would not let me go with a one-month old baby--oh, I would've gone--the committee would not overlook a lame excuse like "It was hard to get tickets. EVERYONE wanted to see Miley Cyrus."
"Miley who?" they will say.
So you see, I had to make that promise, and Dad DID get tickets. So let's all agree to not talk about BYU anymore. It is a matter of eternal importance.
Finally, the end. Here is one last picture of the snow yesterday, on May 1st. Happy spring!

No comments: