Friday, May 2, 2008

It's May Already?

Maybe you've been wondering where I've been. Or maybe not. But if you have, I have the first of two shocking confessions here. (The second will come in the next post, don't scratch your head thinking, "That was only one confession.")
The confession is...that I've been playing Webkinz. Yes, really. And though blogging is not as fun as spinning the Wheel of Wow, or mining for gems, I decided to do an intervention for myself, and it worked, because here I am.
I know, I know, everyone has played Webkinz but me. I refused to buy them for my kids because 1. This is our only computer, it's my beloved laptop, it is not to PLAY on, and 2. The Internet is no place for kids.
But Maddie and Nicholas each received TWO Webkinz for their birthday, at the the following birthday party, and it was out of my hands. But it ended up being a little fun. For a while. I think I'm over it.

Madison and Nicholas had a combined birthday party this year at the Treehouse Museum. Did I say combined? (Read relief.) Did I mention it was indoors and we could care less what the weather was like? (Read relief again.) Though I'm not even going to mention that the weather was beautiful, the one year we actually planned to have their party indoors. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

The kids made fish hats, and then went to the theater to stage the play "Big Al". Emily said from the beginning that she was the teeny fish. Also, she was the pink fish. Her words.
Maddie and Nicholas in costume. Nicholas was Big Al, Maddie was Rainbow Fish. (The story was adapted, that's why.)

Tanner was toooooo funny.

Waiting for cake, I think. Darren was taking the pictures.

It really was such a nice party! We all had a great time. Yay!

No comments: