Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Maddie's Favorite Song

You thought there would be pictures today, but not so, my friend. I am in mourning for the picture I did not get yesterday, because my camera was at home by the computer. We were outside Maddie's dance class sitting next to the very old Victorian. The lawn was covered with a thick layer of fallen leaves and we were making a pile of them to jump in, when the wind started gently blowing and leaves were softly falling all around us. It was beautiful. But then, the wind turned aggressive and the leaves started smacking us in the face. I did not know that dead leaves are SHARP and can HURT. Beware.

***

Over the weekend I heard Maddie telling her cousin Hanna about her new favorite song: Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson. You know how it goes (because I know you're all listening to it in your vans, too, over and over and over and over and over):

So, Annie Are You OK?
Are You OK Annie?
You've Been Hit By
You've Been Hit By
A Smooth Criminal

Except for this is what Maddie sang:

So, Annie Are You Walking?
Are You Walking Annie?
You've Been Hit By
You've Been Hit By
A School Bus!

1 comment:

Siri said...

haha!

Reminds me of the time my Cambrie was singing The Twelve Days of Christmas and finished with "and an ostrich in a bear tree!"

Good to have you back!! ;)