Sunday, October 7, 2007

The First Day of Disneyland

Sunday was our first day at Disneyland. Maddie's favorite ride was Pirates of the Caribbean, Nicholas' favorite ride was Space Mountain, and Emily's favorite ride was It's A Small World (and the Pooh Bear ride). As for Emily, I think she could have done without all the other rides, since she was crying at the end of most of them. Scary villains were coming at us at every turn. Emily did like to see the characters, though. One of the first characters we saw was Mickey Mouse, and I left her in her stroller thinking she would cry if he got too close. She wanted to get out though, and ran right up to him and gave him a hug. It was so darling, and I felt bad that I did not have my camera ready and taking a video. We also saw the parade that evening, and ended the day with the fireworks. My kids are already asking to go back.