Monday, January 28, 2008

A Note to Cindy, Among Others

It being January, and having an excessive amount of snow, and a sick child these last five days, and a desire to continue my pajama marathon until the leaves come out and I start my new goal of going out daily by 11:00, and a personality that allows me to have any number of good excuses for my activities, I have been engaged in a week long reading binge. I have read Good Masters, Sweet Ladies by Laura Amy Schlitz (Newberry Award Winner 2008) which was pretty darn good, Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis (Newberry Honor 2008) which was also good but upsetting, but good, and also I read Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson (Newberry Honor 2008) which I didn't really care for. In addition, I read Persuasion by Jane Austen (my favorite) which makes me feel sad though it has a happy ending, and just barely finished Pride and Prejudice which must also be my favorite and leaves me feeling so happy.
I am going to continue my Jane Austen reading, though life goes by very quickly when I do. I am not kidding that I can sit down to read and look up, thinking ten minutes have gone by, and astonishingly 2 hours have gone by. Not kidding.
The wonderful thing about Jane Austen's novels are that, though I've read them before, and know the ending, I can hardly stand to stop in the middle when all the charaters are misunderstanding each other. In fact, in both stories, in order to take a break, I had to find a paragraph at the end reassuring me that the people I want to end up together, do in fact still end up together. Jane Austen was such a great writer.

But I just remembered that the reason I started this post today, was to tell Cindy that she had better get her blogging underway, because I just found a link from another blog (the link is from Design Mom, which I recommended in my last post) to a blog called Scribbets, and from it I find that it really is possible to blog from Alaska, and not only to blog from Alaska, but that there are many unusual and interesting things going on up there worth writing about, as shown HERE.

Thus, (a nod to Jordan) I am going to be taking drastic measures, and am hereto forthwith starting a new chapter in comment leaving on Cindy's blog, called Things I Like About You and which will be a daily occurrence. So, Cindy, if you want your blog to retain any credibility at all, you will start posting SOON.

And as for you, Jordan, now that I have every word and every detail of your last post committed to memory, you, too, may post something new.
And if anyone wants, they may help me help Cindy by adding their own comments to her blog.

Mom--this means it is a perfect time for you to create a Google account and try again to post some comments. The comment feature really does work, I promise. Dad can show you how. Let us have some comments from Mom and Dad!

Love everyone. Hope you are still in your pajamas!

An edit to my last post, that Mom corrected me and was not, in fact, fed sweetened condensed milk as a baby (I remembered wrong) but was fed the very same thing, evaporated milk mixed with water and Karo syrup.

A last note, that I am so sad about the passing of Gordon B. Hinckley, and am so glad for the wonderful person that he was.

4 comments:

Scribbit said...

Thanks for mentioning me--it's always nice to meet new bloggers!

Tiffany said...

Hey! I was just getting ready to leave myself a comment, since my family rarely does (ummmmm....where are you Jordan? I can always count on YOU!) And I have a comment from the famous Scribbets author! Thanks!

Cindy said...

Hey! It's not that we don't leave comments, it's that you don't give the OPTION for us to leave comments. Either way, you are becomming way to famous for your little old family anyways! So how about Rome?

Unknown said...

Comment