Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Day of Dance Class

Maddie has been taking dance classes with the Virginia Tanner Creative Dance program since she was three. For two of the years we have driven up to the U of U, where the program is based. We love it there. One year we tried the satellite location in Sandy, which was fun too. Since Maddie is in first grade now, and going to class at the U means driving home during rush hour, I thought we'd try the satellite location in Ogden. The classes are held at the Eccles Community Art Center, and the campus is beautiful. I'm thrilled. I was hoping to post lots of pictures of Maddie dancing, because parents can watch the first class, but after sitting for only 30 seconds, Emily stood up and announced, "I dance" and headed off to join the class. When I told her no, she had to watch, she showed her strong displeasure by screaming loudly. So I have lots of pictures of Emily outside instead. The art center is an 1893 Victorian house with (gasp) a turret! I so want my own turret.