Thursday, August 9, 2007

Huck Finn Day

Yesterday we (meaning me, Maddie and Emily--Nicholas and Darren stayed home to go to the ever important football practice) drove to Lindon to attend the annual Huck Finn Day. For this event, someone (my dad) orders a bunch of very large trout and then someone (my mom) waits at the park for them to be delivered. Next, someone (I really don't know who) dams up the water and puts an orange barricade around the stream. Finally, bunches and bunches of kids come and fish. And yes, it really is as fun as it sounds.

Madison is watching the fish and patiently waiting for the fishing to start.

Maddie really wanted to catch a big one.

Emily and Grandpa

Emily and Grandma

Okay, I had a good comment here about Jordan (what he was wearing among other things) but then I realized he might put something about me on his blog that probably wouldn't be too complimentary. So Jordan--notice I'm taking the high road here and all I have to say is:
Emily with her uncle and aunt.

Maddie didn't catch a fish, but she definitely tried!